During the rainy season, there is a strong risk of outbreaks of various diseases after rains and floods, which can take the form of epidemics. In order to control these diseases, it is very important to follow simple and precautionary measures. Diseases caused by rains and floods waterborne diseases, Malaria, Eye diseases, Skin diseases.
Germs of various diseases are found in dirty water. Most gastrointestinal diseases are caused by drinking or using sterile water. For example, cholera, periodic fever, dysentery, diarrhea, indigestion, stomach worms, etc.
The following precautions must be taken to avoid these diseases.
- Use clean drinking water, and if possible use boiled water for drinking and cooking on epidemic days.
- Avoid eating rotten fruits and raw vegetables. Use fruits and vegetables thoroughly washed.
- Cover food and beverages well to protect them from flies. This is because bees play an important role in transmitting the germs of various diseases from one place to another.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and clean water before cooking. Dirty hands cause disease.
- In case of diarrhea, give salt to children and continue other foods. Salt can also be given to adults.
- In the days of epidemics, everyone should be vaccinated against diseases.
Treatment of malaria
Malaria fever is caused by a bacterium that enters the bloodstream of a healthy person through a mosquito bite and causes the disease.
Dirty water after rains and floods which accumulates in the form of rivers and ponds. Mosquitoes thrive easily in such places. These mosquitoes cause malaria by biting humans while they are asleep or awake. To avoid this, cover your surroundings with sewage ponds and ponds, etc., by adding lime or soil, so that mosquitoes cannot breed in these places.
Cover yourself at night to avoid mosquitoes. If possible, use a mosquito net. Spray your home with mosquito repellent. In the case of malaria fever, use the medicine as advised by the doctor. Take a full course of medication to completely eliminate the malaria virus from the body.
Eye Diseases And Treatment
Rains and floods, caused by moisture and sunshine in the air, are more likely to increase eye diseases due to confinement. There may also be a risk of eye ulcers ranging from eye soreness. There may be swelling, irritation, and watery eyes. To avoid all these, it is very important to follow the following precautions. Children should be strictly forbidden to bathe in the rain and dirty water of ponds and ponds. The eyes should be washed with clean water several times a day.
Consult a doctor if you develop eye problems.
Skin diseases and treatments
Extreme levels of flood danger were announced in the flood and rain-hit areas. Follow these precautions to avoid skin diseases. People of all ages should pay special attention to body hygiene. Young children should be kept clean, and bathed in clean water.
Intensity and protection of heat in the rainy season
The months of July and August increase the intensity of the heat and the contrast of the sun. It is so hot that everyone screams. Getting out of the house becomes ambiguous. Nature has made the body in such a way that when there is too much heat, the human skin acts as an air conditioner, and sweating makes a person feel somewhat relaxed and cool.
Protect From Heat
Here are some tips to help you avoid the effects of heatstroke and sunstroke:
- Don’t go out unnecessarily in the heat, especially during the day.
- When going out, be sure to keep a cloth or towel on your head. Wet the cloth from time to time and place it on the head.
- Use water and salt as much as possible before going out and coming home.
- Use water and other beverages as much as possible on hot days. Heavy foods should be avoided these days.